In this four-part series, I will show you how to use Elastic from .NET. I will use the officially-supported Elastic client library for .NET: NEST. The first part will cover the reasons for choosing NoSQL, an explanation of Elastic, and installing and communicating with Elastic. Read more.
Thursday, April 30, 2015
Thursday, March 26, 2015
In March 1968, Robert F. Kennedy spoke about a governing elite who had lost touch with ordinary people and judged the state of the nation by gross national product.
"Gross national product counts air pollution and cigarette advertising, and ambulances to clear our highways of carnage,” he said. “It counts special locks for our doors and the jails for the people who break them.”
“Yet the gross national product does not allow for the health of our children, the quality of their education or the joy of their play,” he continued. “It does not include the beauty of our poetry or the strength of our marriages, the intelligence of our public debate or the integrity of our public officials. It measures neither our wit nor our courage, neither our wisdom nor our learning, neither our compassion nor our devotion to our country. It measures everything, in short, except that which makes life worthwhile.”
Thursday, January 29, 2015
* # -> means that you should run command as root (use sudo command)
* $ -> means that you should run command as usual user (not root)
Add source to apt (as root user) (nodejs.org)
# apt-get install curl # curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup | bash -
Then install nodejs package(as root use sudo command):
# apt-get install -y nodejs
In order to be able to compile and install native addons from npm you may also need to install build tools:
# apt-get install -y build-essential
Install npm (node package manager)
# curl https://www.npmjs.com/install.sh | sudo sh
To test your installation run the following commands as usual user (not root):
$ node -v $ npm -v
- Done, enjoy .
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
This is the first design meeting for the version of C# coming after C# 6. We shall colloquially refer to it as C# 7. The meeting focused on setting the stage for the design process and homing in on major themes and features.
- Design process
- Working with data
- pattern matching
- "denotable" anonymous types
- "records" - compact ways of describing shapes
- working with common data structures (List/Dictionary)
- extension members
- structural typing/shapes?
- Performance and reliability (and interop)
- Pattern matching
- Array Slices
- ref locals and ref returns
- readonly parameters and locals
- Lambda capture lists
- Method contracts
Thursday, November 13, 2014
- Here’s how individual developers can use Visual Studio Community: Any individual developer can use Visual Studio Community to create their own free or paid apps.
- Here’s how Visual Studio Community can be used in organizations: An unlimited number of users within an organization can use Visual Studio Community for the following scenarios: in a classroom learning environment, for academic research, or for contributing to open source projects. For all other usage scenarios: In non-enterprise organizations, up to 5 users can use Visual Studio Community. In enterprise organizations (meaning those with >250 PCs or > $1MM in annual revenue), no use is permitted beyond the open source, academic research, and classroom learning environment scenarios described above.
- Visual Studio Community 2013 includes all the great functionality of Visual Studio Professional 2013, designed and optimized for individual developers, students, open source contributors, and small teams.